PREMIER LEAGUE SUNDAY ACTION
That’s the end of it. Arsenal unable to fully capitalize on Chelsea dropping 3 points on Saturday and on the fact that one or both the Manchester teams will lose points today in the Manchester derby.
Southampton 1-1 Arsenal
Giroud Scores !!!
Is it Arsenal salvaging a point ?
Second defeat for Arsenal in two games looming after losing to Manchester United last week at the Emirates Stadium.
Giroud replaces Lacazzette .
Real problem in the Arsenal defence now. Every time they lose the ball Southampton is in numerical advantage in attack. I sense 2-0 rather than 1-1. Wilshire is in for Xhaka and Giroud warming up.
Arsenal has to score now or the Saints will grow in confident and win this game. Welbeck is coming on replacing Mertesacker. Will Danny embolden the Gunners to goals ?
No end product to show for the current 81% of Arsenal possession
Southampton 1-0 Arsenal
Pressure from Arsenal without much joy.
Arsenal were sloppy at the start of the game and Southampton scored. That gave the Saints belief and they grow in confidence as the time went on without Arsenal scoring. At half time Wenger has to really motivate his team to up the pace as they attack and also defend in number if they are to get anything from this game. Inconsistent Gunners showing their travel sickness again. They have tried to play their football, but Southampton players are in no mood to allow them do so.
Fabulous game so far, both teams could have score more than once. Arsenal on the offensive and the Saints counter attacking with purpose.
Really well hit ball by Ramsay as Arsenal up the pace but Fraser Forster is equal to his effort making a wonderful save to keep it one nil.
Entirely different from the team that beat BATE Borisov in Europe league still this Arsenal teams is not playing with the intensity of a team that had the whole week to rest and prepare.
Excellent counter attack by Arsenal that should have ended in goal. Good tackle by a Southampton defence prevented one of the goals of the season.
Arsenal dominating the ball, but not doing too much with it.
Arsenal losing against Southampton 1 - 0.
Quite nervous start for the Gunners. Again defensive errors allowing the opposition to score.
PREMIER LEAGUE SATURDAY ACTION
- Brighton host Liverpool
- Newcastle loses to Chelsea
- Tottenham on the road against Watford
- Manchester United visit in form Arsenal
Chelsea 3 - 1 Newcastle United
Brighton 1 – 5 Liverpool
Everton 2-0 Huddersfield Town
Leicester 1 – 0 Burnley
Stoke City 2-1 Swansea City
Watford 1-1 Tottenham Hotspur
West Brom West 0-0 Crystal Palace
Arsenal 0-0 Man Utd
Morata and hazard score for Chelsea after Gayle's early goal.
- Paul Pogba said yesterday he was quite a fan of Arsenal on its glory days. He was constantly watching Arsenal play and they have always been a great club.
- Man City plays West Ham on Sunday. David Moyes will have a sterm test against a team who seems incapable of losing at moment. meanwhile City manager Pep Guardiola says he regrets his animated post-match discussion with Southampton's Nathan Redmond after Wednesday's 2-1 win.Redmond himself excused pep of any wrong doing, saying he was only complimentary of him despite his aggressive gestures during the "conversion".
- Wenger has never beaten Mourinho in a competitive game. The only time Wenger beat Mourinho was in a community shield game against Chelsea when Arsenal beat Chelsea two nil in the 2015 FA Community Shield. Mourinho has beaten Wenger 8 times and draw 6.
- Man Utd news: Mourinho confirms Bailly, Jones and Fellaini are all OUT of Arsenal clash.
- Arsenal news: Alexandre Lacazette injury great news for Manchester United - Paul Pogba. According to the player that gives United the edge.
- “Alex has been great and at this moment and he is scoring goals and playing well for the team,” Pogba told MUTV. “He is a big player for them and if he is not there I would say it is good for us.“I hope for us that he doesn’t play because that will help us. “But I also hope he doesn’t have a bad injury.”